Sales Tax Fillings

Sales Tax Services

Big 2 Accounting advisors can help with sales tax registration, computations and filing, as well as with sales and use tax consulting.

Help With Sales Tax for Business

Tax law changes periodically, especially when the federal and state governments have a budget deficit. The state governments especially concentrate on a sales tax and a use tax, since both taxes can be managed on a state level.

Goods and services subject to sales tax include:

  • Tangible personal property
  • Utility services
  • Food and beverages
  • Hospitality services

A certain list of other services.
The businesses should collect sales tax where the taxable goods are supplied or services are rendered. The use tax should be charged when a customer buys products outside the state of domicile, consumes such goods and services, and does not pay local sales tax.

The corporations or entrepreneurs transfer collected sales and use tax to the state or municipal budget as well as prepare and submit relevant monthly or quarterly tax returns. Since the form of tax return is not easy, some transactions may be tax exempted and use tax liabilities must be calculated, it is easier for taxpayers to engage tax professionals supporting preparation of returns and filing simultaneously.

External tax advisors can review accounting records prepared by the business and use modern technologies to automate the process of sales and use tax preparation. In addition, a tax professional has more expertise in communication with tax authorities to ensure that his client remains fully compliant with tax law requirements.

Collecting sales tax and reporting correctly can be hard for any business. depending on how much you sell, how often you sell it, or where your customers are from, determining which sales tax to collect and report correctly can be tricky. If you have a business and need to collect the sales tax as well as report correctly, we do all that for you.